Monday, April 20, 2009

disturbing martini development

This is not one of those clever headlines that you use to get someone to read your blog. I know that it is surprising to hear that there could be something bad happening in the delicious world of the classic cocktail, the Martini, but this is bad...very bad.

Apparently, with the development of flavored and infused vodkas, someone decided that it would be a good idea to create bacon flavored vodka. They have a website where they recommend sipping it with barbeque or a steak or using it to make a Bloody Mary. They even have a picture of a beautiful, chilled Martini WITH A PIECE OF BACON AS A GARNISH. NO! NO! NO!

Don't get me wrong. I love my bacon (extra crispy please!) and I love my Martinis (dirty, dry, and shaken until your fingers are frozen to the cocktail shaker), BUT never the twain shall meet. Neither do I want mid-rare filet infused vodka nor chicken friend steak infused vodka.

If you want something in your vodka, try orange or cranberry juice - pomegranate juice if you are feeling unconventional. Leave the bacon to the breakfast table. I need a drink.

|