Monday, March 06, 2006

beauty is pain


IAO had it's annual "Biting the Apple" erotic art show opening last weekend, and there were lots of people playing dress up at the Saturday night fetish ball. I've never seen more body parts pushed up, corseted in, strapped down, and balancing so precariously. There were some unbelievable outfits, including those worn by my very confident friends who wore very tiny clothing, but they looked amazing.

I decided to go with business attire - a nice, black, structured suit that was modest compared to most folks there. The only really risque' thing that I wore were my new red velvet four inch stiletto heels. (See picture above - they look even better on!) However, I don't think that my feet will ever be the same. I actually thought that I might have gotten a stress fracture or something as I could barely walk by the end of the night or the entire next day.

Did I mention that fact that I had worked a 40 hour week at my day job and had been 15 hours on my feet waiting tables at my second job? I then decided that it would be a good idea to cram my feet into ridiculous shoes and go out. If beauty is pain, then my feet must have looked effing beautiful. (Actually at least a half a dozen people stopped me to admire the shoes - maybe it was worth it.)

|