Wednesday, March 29, 2006

philosophical poo

The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor.
---
The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

The Myth of Sisyphus
- Albert Camus

If you can make it from the opening lines to the closing lines of "The Myth of Sisyphus" and have it hold true for you, then you should be able to be happy as well. It is a struggle for me.

I'm starting a new job next week about which I'm very excited and am hanging out with a decent kind of fella, but there is still a part of me that wonders what in the world this is all about.

Is rolling the rock enough to pull you through the days? I understand that it is about putting your own meaning into life, but sometimes I guess that I would like to feel as if I'm doing something more.

|