Friday, March 31, 2006

neither wine nor God can save you

What a crappy day in health news. There are two new studies out: one states that wine actually has very few health benefits, and the other states that patients who have people praying for them don't have any better recovery rates than anyone else.

Both of these studies contradict earlier studies that I liked much better. I assume that you already know that I like wine - yummy, red wine like Zinfandel and Syrah. I try to improve my health several times a month with good friends, good talk, and, ah yes, good red wine. Apparently, I'm not doing myself one bit of good.

I also had the prayer thing going for me as some of my family and friends are religious and/or spiritual and are kind enough to remember me to the old guy upstairs. I have even been known to pray for myself, and sometimes this has even followed a night of red wine, health improvement. I'm just not sure if "please God, if you'll help me quit puking, I'll never drink again" counts for anything.

|