Wednesday, May 25, 2005

No, we aren't dead!

Sorry that we have been AWOL, but Tina and I have both been working our asses off for the last month. Tina is putting in 50+ hours per week, and today is the first full day off I've had since May 8th.

In case you are wondering, neither Tina nor I enjoy working this much. We are both pretty satisfied to stay close to home (and by "close" I mean on the couch and by "home" I mean cable TV).

Truthfully, if either Tina or I ever become independantly wealthy (which I'm kind of doubting happens since neither of us is particularly driven), anyway, if it ever does happen, we have both pledged an oath to hire the other to be her personal assistant (and by "personal assistant" I mean the one who has to get up off of the couch to pay the pizza delivery guy).


So, why is AuntieT posting tonight after all of this time, you ask? Well kiddies, she's procrastinating. (Duh! Why else would I be doing this.) I was supposed to have written my letter of resignation today.

That's right, AuntieT got a new job! I got a job! I got a job! I got a job! Can you tell that I'm a little excited?


I don't really want to say too much about my new employer, as the job and potential for advancement both sound great, and I've heard some horror stories about people getting fired for blogging about work, so, for now, all I'm going to say is that I am back in the employ of the great state of Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweeping down the plain). I guess that narrows it down a little, huh?

What does this mean to you? This means that starting June 13th, I can tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth about my current position, which will become, at that time, my former position and that, my friends, will be fun. Are you with me, Tina?

|