Monday, June 27, 2005

but who's counting?

On April 24th I posted about running into Transition Man. I mentioned the fact that TM had asked if he could see me again, and I told him to give me a call, that we'd see. I'm sure you all thought that I've been posting so infrequently because I've been off shagging him like a madwoman. Well, you were wrong.

TM never called. . . until yesterday. Does that even count? I mean, does it really take 60 days to get around to calling someone? Obviously not. Am I the only one who thinks that if TM really wanted to see me again, he would have managed to sneak a call in within a week or two at the most, even if he were trying to work the ultra cool angle?

With this length of a wait, he is risking my having destroyed not only the brain cells containing the information regarding our April encounter, but also any and all brain cells that contain a record of his existance in the world. Thank god I'm a blog whiner, or I might forget about all of my shitty break-ups.

Whatever happened to "The Presidents of the United States of America"? They not only were cool, but they were also cute. (Not to mention brilliant lyricists - Peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man, in a factory downtown.) AND Bjork kicks ass.

TM does not kick ass. Although I can't wait to see what his rationale for the two month wait is, and OKC being the size it is, I'm sure that someday this conversation will take place, and you'll be the first to know (after I've called Tina).

|